Mr McDermott is the founding member of the London Sports Orthopaedics practice, with a clinic at 31 Old Broad Street, in the very heart of the City of London. The clinic is located in between Liverpool Street and Bank, and is just a 2 minute walk from each. The clinic offers an exceptional environment for patients that is state-of-the-art, clean, efficient and yet friendly, with full facilities on site for X-rays, MRI scanning and ultrasound scanning.
Mr McDermott operates out of The London Bridge Hospital, based right on the bank of the River Thames, opposite Monument. The hospital looks out across the Thames over The City, with one of London's best views, and is situated right next to London Bridge Station, giving fantastic access from tube or rail. The London Bridge Hospital is one of London's very best private hospitals, with recently refurbished wards and theatres, with some of the very best facilities in the entire country.
Mr McDermott gives all patients a standard half-hour appointment slot in clinic, unless he is given prior warning that a particular patient's case is complicated (such as patients wishing to discuss potential meniscal replacement surgery, patients needing revision surgery or patients coming for complex second opinions), in which case patients may be allocated a 1-hour slot. Mr McDermott records videos of all of his knee arthroscopy operations, and gives patients full copies of all pictures and videos in clinic post-operatively. Mr McDermott's patients are also given his e-mail address so that they are able to contact him anytime regarding any potential questions or concerns, as well as further back-up being provided by our practices's Clinical Nurse Specialist and our excellent secretarial team.
Our aim is always to:-
- treat patients caringly and compassionately, as individuals
- focus on clear and careful communication, to aid accuracy and understanding (from both sides!)
- not rush, but take however much time is needed to ensure that the job is done properly (not coveyor belt medicine!)
- get the diagnosis and underlying issues correct, regardless of how complicated or difficult they may be
- offer the very latest and best treatment options available
- provide the highest possible quality specialist surgical expertise for knee problems
- undertake the best possible surgical techniques, to ensure the very best patient outcomes
- be openly available to all past patients for any potential future questions or concerns
If you would like to book an appointment to see Mr McDermott in clinic then please CLICK HERE or ring us on 08445 617157